Friday, December 22, 2006

Dr. Figg is honored!

I awakened this morning a bit later than usual. I slept poorly due to the lingering upset at my exposure to the vile Scorpion Mezcal. I had to consume nearly an entire bottle in order to assure myself that it was an inferior product in every way to proper mezcal with a proper worm. This left me unable to carry out my normal ministry among the prostitutes and strippers of my city.

However I received a pleasant surprise after I had finished my normal breakfast of an aspirin omelette and quart of black coffee. I logged on to the Internet to read my favorite blogs and news sites (always on the lookout for sermon material).

What did I see when I visited Hillbilly White Trash but that Lemuel Calhoon, the lord temporal of the mighty Hillbilly Ecosystem had anointed me, a humble street preacher, to the august position of Official Chaplain of the Hillbilly Ecosystem!

I assure all my followers that I shall discharge the responsibilities of my position with all the zeal and diligence required of such a high position.

In coming days I will post a fee schedule for the remission of sins. Of course the more heinous the sin the more expensive the absolution (business is business).

3 comments:

Lemuel Calhoon said...

I'm sure that you will do an outstanding job, however you cannot charge for forgivness. Sorry, it's the rule.

Also, you have been tagged for the Christmas Meme. Go here for details:

http://hillbillywhitetrash.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-been-tagged.html

Minuteman 76 said...

Merry Christmas! You've been tagged by Minuteman 76 for the Christmas Meme!

Dr. Figg said...

Thank both of you for thinking of me. I will post my thoughts on this later today.